Matcha is having it’s moment… And for good reason! Matcha is like Green Tea on steroids- with a super-charged supply of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These antioxidants, known as polyphenols, are said to protect against cancer, heart disease and the signs of ageing. One of the polyphenols in Matcha, known as EGCG, is proven to boost metabolism, burn calories and halt the growth of cancer cells… pass me that Matcha Latte!
What are the health benefits of Matcha?
- A huge array of antioxidants, vitamins & minerals
- Boosts metabolism
- Lowers blood sugar
- Boosts energy naturally
- Mood enhancer
- Rich in chlorophyll
- Helps with the detoxification of the body
- Improves concentration- Buddhist Monks drink it to help them concentrate during meditation!
How do I use Matcha?
Matcha is super versatile. It can be used in:
- Baking- add a health-kick to your flapjacks and cakes!
- Cooking- add a sprinkle of Matcha to your stir-fries, soups and curries!
- Boost your breakfast- Add to porridge, smoothies & chia pudding
- Turn up your treats- Add Matcha powder to raw bliss balls for a healthy treat!
- Matcha Green Tea Latte- the most common use for Matcha is the trusty Latte!
…the possibilities are endless!
Matcha Green Tea Latte
You will need:
- 1 tsp Matcha
My faves: Splurge– Lalani Matcha Gold
Save– Teapigs Matcha on-the-go
- Milk Frother
- Your fave mug (Mine is this one from Urban Outfitters!)
- 3/4 cup plant-based Milk
- 2 tsp cup hot water
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup (optional)
Add the Matcha powder and the hot water to your mug and mix with the milk frother (or matcha whisk!) to create a smooth paste.
Heat the milk until nearly boiling then use the milk frother to make it super creamy and foamy. Carefully add the milk to your cup and matcha paste, twisting your mug as you go to mix.
If using, add your Maple Syrup, stir and enjoy your health-boosting Latte!
I’m absolutely obsessed with Matcha Lattes… have you tried one yet?